Armed with 7.5 years of French classes, the knowledge from 1 student guide, 1 novel on French culture, 1 summer in Annecy, and several articles from le Monde that I skimmed the titles of, I am ready to head off to France.
Wait, really?
These last few days have been spent in alternating states of hyperventilation and excitement. I have been enjoying Polly Platt’s French or Foe, but can’t stop laughing about how many cultural faux pas I am about to make. I love searching through the travel aisles in Walgreens, but can’t imagine how I am ever going to fit everything I want to bring!
This blog was created to try to keep all my family and friends up-to-date on what I am sure will be a busy and exciting semester.
I promise to (try) to post often and keep you updated with anecdotes and pictures. Email me with your own updates as well – I would love to hear any news from the States and all the other exciting countries everyone is traveling to!
I can’t believe I leave in 2 days – let the packing frenzy commence!
Tarra, I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Paris! I hope everything's going really well so far and that your states of excitement are much more common than those of hyperventilation. Update us soon :)
ReplyDeleteP.s. i like that you liked the Hemmingway quote that we put in your journal :)